Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Mmmmmm Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream mixed with peanut butter cups and topped with more Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup come together to make this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie. A pie worthy of making ONCE a year only because really it’s so rich!
A once a year Peanut Butter Cup Pie
This is one of those once a year kind of recipes, as in I would only trot this out once a year for a special treat because I’m pretty you shouldn’t eat a lot of instant pudding and nutter butters. This year I made it for my husband, his birthday is the day before my son’s birthday, which is two days before Valentines Day, which means I’m always crunched for time and this pie is super easy. Especially with getting presents shopped for, presents wrapped, parties planned, all applicable valentines made and signed and yeah by the time the birthdays hit I’m exhausted.
- 1 1/2 cups Nutter Butter cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 box Instant Chocolate Pudding, six serving size
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 36 small Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- preheat the oven to 350˚
- mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press firmly into a pie pan
- bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and cool completely
- while the crust is cooling open the peanut butter cups, break them slightly and set aside
- when the crust is cooled pour the the pudding mix, the whipping cream and the milk into a bowl
- whip on high until well combined, about 3-4 minutes
- for the last minute of whipping add about 2/3 of the peanut butter crumbles
- scoop the whipped pie filling into the cooled crust and top with the last of the crumbled peanut butter cups
- chill at least 2 hours, if leaving it longer consider covering it with some plastic wrap to keep errant things from being knocked into it
Yep totally overly processed but also super easy, a time saver and a mind blower.