Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs are the low-carb meatball you’ve been looking for! Even IF you’re not low-carb or keto, these meatballs are just damn tasty.
I know you think I’ve gone bacon crazy, you might be right, but on the other hand, homemade bacon is just so good! I made Whiskey Bacon Jam, then I waded into the briny and smokey world of Homemade Bacon and now I’ve got straight off the deep end with Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
But you guys, these are possibly the most perfect two-bite burger in the world. I can see whipping a double batch of these bad boys for a hearty party snack. They also make fun eating for kids especially when served with ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce for dipping, frilly toothpick optional.
AND they’re totally low carb and keto. I didn’t use bread crumbs in these little bites of bliss because you don’t really need them. You COULD add bread crumbs if you’re bent on having them, they’d work just fine that way too.
- 2 dill pickles
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 4 ounces bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- put the pickles and onion in the bowl of a food processor process until finely chopped
- chop the bacon and add to the bowl
- process until the bacon is chopped well and mixed with the pickle and onions
- pour the bacon mixture into a large mixing bowl
- add the beef and mix well with your hands
- form into 30 1 inch meatballs
- sprinkle with salt and pepper bake in a 400˚ oven for 25-30 minutes
- remove from the oven
- sprinkle the cheese evenly on the meatballs
- return meatballs to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes
As you can see they were feared at first
but after that first bite they got a BIG thumbs up.
Mothering tip of the day–BAN I say BAN your kids from wearing white shirts in the summer, look at that filth!