This week the theme for #SundaySupper is Regional Specialties and I can’t think of anything that means Alaska MORE than salmon, can you? Maybe pilot bread? Or if you’re thinking general region being the Matanuska Susitna Valley and then that’s potatoes. Yes I could have gone the all carb route but I chose SALMON, because we love it. And we caught a lot last year so I need to use it up. It’s a 2 for 1 over here, a post AND eating down the freezer.
You might think you would love to have the “too much salmon” problem and you might actually enjoy for a year. Maybe two at the most. And then the ones you love, they turn on you, they refuse to eat another salmon patty, salmon loaf, grilled salmon steak, salmon fish stick. In fact they might just refuse to even set foot in the house if you’re cooking salmon.
Don’t get me wrong. These people are same exact people who catch all the salmon, who excitedly pack everything they own in the car and go sleep in not-their-bed to catch salmon. Yes, those people who gleefully bring it home, will turn on you. So you have to go about the whole “eat 45 salmon a year” thing very, very carefully, dole it out in just the right amount, about every ten days in various forms will get you through your freezer of salmon without revolt.
I, of course, never did this to my mom. Nope not me, I shut up and ate that salmon loaf with a dman smile on my face. Ask her–never mind DO NOT ENGAGE MY MOTHER IN THIS! But she would totally agree with what I’m saying. I would never have worn nose plugs as a child when she was cooking salmon…
Anyway this week our host for Sunday Supper is the lovely Sue from Palatable Pastimes–go say hi! And get ready to eat some Spicy Salmon Tacos.
This SPICY variation of my regular Mild Salmon Tacos, if you don’t like heat check those out instead. To get the heat for these tacos I lean heavily on fiery chipotle chili powder and jalapeño powder both of which can be found on Amazon or in spice shops. Be careful with the jalapeño powder, it’s very light and airy, when you open the bag it floats up into your face, it will make you sneeze or choke so be aware and open carefully! And of course feel free to tone down any of the peppers in the spice mix to suit your heat limit.
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Pittsburgh Steak and Fries Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- California Roll Poke Salad by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Hatch Chili Pepper Jack Burger by Fearless Dining
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Michigan Pasties by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Shrimp Scampi by My World Simplified
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Pie by Feeding Big and more
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement