Easy To Make Dream Pillows
Everything is SO ripe right now in ALaska, Septemeber will do that to a state. I wanted to put away bits of summer in new an different ways this year. I made Calendula Salve and Homegrown Smudge Sticks to enjoy summer just a little longer. Then I harvested a bunch of herbs and wild plants and sewed up a couple of these Easy To Make Dream Pillows. When I say easy to make, I MEAN EASY. So simple! You gather, dry, stitch, stuff and enjoy. You’ll love making these Easy To Make Dream Pillows as gifts for friends with your kids or even a scout troop or as a class project.
What are dream pillows? They’re little herb or flower filled pillows or sachets you tuck inside your pillow for a lovely dreamy night of sleep. I love making these for a nature filled dreamscape. You can fill them with just about any herb or flower you like. I love using mint in mine, it’s one of my favorite wild plants, it has a crisp fresh scent that I find so refreshing in my dream pillows. If you want to make dream pillows with herbs for a specific purpose check out the list of herbs you can use here in this post on The Dream Tribe.
What you need:
- herbs or wild plants of your choice-think of marigolds, yarrow, mint, lavender, sweet clover or red clover
- you can also choose to use just essential oils if you like
- wool roving or stuffing material
- scraps of fabric, big or small, any fabric will work
- sewing machine OR needle and thread
How to Make Dream Pillows
- dry your herbs or wild plants if they are fresh
- cut 2 pieces of material the same size
- place rights side together
- sew around three sides
- turn right side out
- fill lightly with stuffing
- add dried herbs or several drops of essential oils as desired
- fold over the top and sew shut
- trim any threads
- to use: tuck inside your pillow case or under your pillow for a fresh dreamy night of sleep
Wouldn’t this easy craft be fun to make with a group of kids? It could be a great little class fundraiser, better than a bake sale!